You know it’s been a while when the first time you think of your website in a month or two is when you see it as a result in Google.
A few notes:
1) Montaup had its drawing tonight for new Associate Members and to reload the waiting list. For the first time I’m aware, there was no need for a sponsoring member. For the patient, a very good deal.
2) Segregansett is preparing to unveil an interesting program with a group called Evergreen Golf. Instead of a traditional membership, you commit to a certain deposit which is good for rounds, food, and drinks with no other minimums (you can even carry over your balance year to year). You still need to apply to be a member. Unclear if they will restrict tee times. At the right deposit levels (say $2000) this would really change the market.
3) Segregansett and their pro parted ways. Last I heard the membership was running the pro shop.
4) Crestwood is under new ownership and mailed out an aggressive offer to the New England Golf Guide mailing list (4K for single membership). I don’t think their website has been updated in years.
5) MGA Days have been announced for 2013 and there are more than ever (registration begins mid-March). A GREAT way to see private golf courses very cheap. Local courses include CCNB, Acoaxet (played there in 2012 — wow), Crestwood, Ledgemont.
6) Talked to a buddy who recently joined Agawam Hunt. He considered the process time consuming but pretty easy. Metacomet was also looking for members. RICC as well, though the initiation is still substantial.